Determinant calculation by expanding it on a line or a column, using Laplace's formula.
This page allows to find the determinant of a matrix using row reductions or expansion by minors.
- Leave extra cells empty to enter non-square matrices.
- You can use decimal (finite and periodic) fractions:
1.2e-4; or arithmetic expressions:
- Use ↵ Enter, Space, ←, →, ↑, ↓ to navigate between cells.
- Drag-and-drop matrices from the results, or even from/to a text editor.
- To learn more about matrices use Wikipedia.